with Chicken Bones
“Dressed to Impress”
In a shaker or a mason jar with a couple small cubes of ice, add 2oz of White Pup(similar to vodka, but with a cereal sweetness) and .5oz of Chicken Bones Liqueur ™. (Chicken Bones Liqueur ™ is a real chocolate liqueur with cinnamon. It’s thick consistency and richness adds a lot of flavour with just a drop.)
- Add 1oz simple syrup. (1:1 sugar to water by weight.)
- Add 3oz of fresh blood orange juice.
- (optional) 1oz of pasteurized egg whites. This gives the drink a nice mouth feel and a foamy head.
Shake until you can’t hear the ice, then strain into a 12oz glass filled with ice.
Garnish with blood orange. I used a dehydrated wheel.
I used a cookie stencil and raspberry powder to make a heart shape on top of the drink.
“CC Brandy Alexander”
The Brandy Alexander is a drink dating back to the 1920’s. It was rumoured to be John Lennon’s favourite drink. Here is our riff on the classic cocktail using our own craft spirits.
Place ice in a coupe or martini glass for the purpose of chilling the glass.
In a shaker or mason jar, add 2oz of Kings County Brandy. A wonderful brandy collaboration we did with Dunhams Run Estate Winery
- Add 1oz of Chicken Bones Liqueur ™. (The original drink calls for crème de cacao, but it’s difficult to find a quality one in our market. Luckily our chocolate liqueur series are quality chocolate liqueurs made in a similar crème fashion.)
- Add 1oz of half and half dairy cream.
- Cover and dry shake for about 30 seconds (no ice).
This will help give the cocktail a nice frothy consistency. Empty the ice from your chilled glass and pour your cocktail into it. Grate fresh nutmeg over the drink.
Egg Nog with Chicken Bones Liqueur™
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1L whole milk
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 12oz Chicken Bones Liqueur™
- Garnish with grated cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.
In a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks and half a cup of sugar until they turn light in color.
Stir in the milk, heavy cream Chicken Bones Liqueur™.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining quarter-cup of sugar until they form soft peaks.
Fold about a third of the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
Serve in punch or tea cups. You should have enough for about eight servings in 8oz cups.
Top with freshly grated cinnamon , folding in more of the egg whites as desired.
Bottle and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
* This is meant to be a lower abv% option at approximately 4.5%alc. If you want it boozier just increase the amount of liqueur.
“Chocolate Spice Soda”
Chicken Bones Liqueur™ is a chocolate liqueur with spicy cinnamon. Its rich syrupy consistency will add a magnitude of flavour with just a few drops. Adding the liqueur to club soda will give an Italian soda like cocktail. It’s also an easy but excellent digestif for the holiday season.
Here’s how to make it:
- Get a 12oz glass and fill it halfway with ice.
- Add 2oz of Chicken Bones Liqueur™
- Add a couple ounces of club soda and stir for a couple seconds. This can be done with a straw.
- Fill the rest of the glass with ice and top with club soda.
This cocktail should use about 4-5oz of club soda in total, depending on the dilution of the ice when you stir.
New York Cheesecake
- 1kg or 4 packs full fat Philadelphia cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 large eggs + 1 egg yolk (room temp)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream (room temp)
Oreo or Graham crust:
- 2 cups crumb (your choice)
- 3 tbsp Chicken Bones Liqueur
Make a cool swirl on top of cheesecake with 2 tablespoons of Chicken Bones Liqueur.
Bake in 305 degree oven for 1 hour and forty minutes.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Chicken Bones Liqueur
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Sift together dry ingredients then fold in. Dust cutting board with flour. Press to desired shapes and bake at 375 for 12 min. Let cool.
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Apple Crumble
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Chicken Bones Liqueur
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Pre mix dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredients then add dry ingredients. Do not over mix. If too runny add 1/2 cup more flour. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- 3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Chicken Bones Liqueur
- 10 oz. marshmallow fluff (about one and half 7 oz. jars)
Mix butter, sugar and Liqueur well then fold in fluff with spatula.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
Whisk eggs and sugar on double boiler until thickness of custard and let cool.
- 1¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1¾ cup heavy whipping cream
Whip cream to stiff peaks. Mix custard and cheese together then fold in whipped cream with spatula.
- 30 ladyfingers
- 1 cup cold strong coffee
- ½ cup Chicken Bones Liqueur
Spread filling in dish of your choice about 1 inch thick. Dip enough lady fingers in coffee and liqueur mixture and fill in layer. Reapply layer of filling. Then another layer of dipped lady fingers. One last layer of filling and dust with cocoa powder. Chill and serve.